Oklahoma Wrongful Conviction Lawyer


How to Handle Being Wrongfully Accused in Oklahoma

If you or a loved one have been wrongfully accused of a crime in Oklahoma, you have to talk to an experienced Oklahoma criminal defense attorney as soon as possible. This is a serious situation that requires a serious approach. People can end up going to jail, paying hefty fines, and getting a criminal record – all for nothing. We all know those people, and we know that you cannot afford to be one of them.

If you get convicted, life will never be the same again. Time in prison away from loved ones, monetary fines leading to bankruptcy, a criminal record preventing you from applying for some jobs or from carrying firearms are life-changing experiences. Even if you don’t get convicted, being brought to a trial as accused is a serious trauma. That’s something that you want to avoid at all costs.

If you or a loved one are wrongfully accused of a crime in Oklahoma, call us at Greer Law Firm for assistance. We help clients like you prove their innocence and stay away from legal trouble. You can reach us out at 918-430-4596 for a free consultation.

What to Do If You Are Falsely Accused of a Crime?

There are a few simple steps that we advise a wrongfully accused person take if they are wrongfully accused:

Use Your Right to Remain Silent. You will be asked some questions by the authorities, but you are not obliged to answer. Actually, if you don’t have a lawyer by your side, it is wise to remain silent. Police officers are tasked with solving crimes and catching criminals. In that light, officers routinely ask questions of people they suspect committed a crime. Even if you are innocent, answering questions by law enforcement can lead to innocent people incriminating themselves for a crime they did not commit out of inexperience and stress. Hence, not talking at all is a smart strategy.

People interrogated by the police are under huge stress and it is normal to give answers they don’t mean or to express their thoughts in a way that doesn’t represent the truth or what they really mean. Nevertheless, these answers may later be used in court against them. That’s why you shouldn’t hesitate to use your right to remain silent.

Refuse Unwarranted Searches. Generally, Police may search you or your property with a valid search warrant. However, most people consent to a request to search. NEVER consent to a search as you are doing an officer’s job for him/her. If you are presented with a search warrant, ask to review it. Also, demand that they only search for what the search warrant allows them to search for and nothing more.

Call an Experienced Oklahoma Criminal Defense Attorney. That’s the obvious most important step when wrongfully accused. Lawyers know the ins and outs of criminal defense in the State of Oklahoma, they know how police behave, and what mistakes they make. They are familiar with the tactics that could be employed to take you out of trouble before the trouble escalates and starts ruining your life. Not every defense attorney understands the complications of getting a case dismissed. Greer Law Firm has achieved this result many times. If you value your innocence, put Greer Law Firm into your contacts: 918-430-4596.

Keep a Paper Trail. Whatever happens, ask for a written document proving that it really happened. Keep records of all conversations you’ve had, ask for copies of any photos, recordings, or other evidence that the police aim to use against you, get copies from any statements that you give, and so on. If you are innocent, every single document may be used to your advantage.

How Can I Prove My Innocence?

You CAN prove your innocence with the right attorney.. The US legal system puts the burden of proof on the side of the State.

However, it is not serious to rely on the prosecutor’s mistakes to prove your innocence. Instead, with your attorney, you should proactively generate evidence that you or your loved one have nothing to do with the alleged crime. Thus us a complicated step. Chad Greer has 12 years of experience as a State and Federal Prosecutor. He knows how the government thinks. He understands how to get false charges dismissed.

For that purpose, you and your lawyer should make your defense strategy. Your lawyer will want to investigate all the facts about your case first and see all the evidence against you. Then they ensure the law was followed and that the facts support the charges. After that, you’ll work together to secure evidence supporting your innocence. In the best-case scenario, your attorney will make the prosecutor realize that there is no case against you and will drop the charges.

Can You Press Charges Against Someone for False Accusations?

Yes, you can. However, in most instances, it is not worth the time and effort to seek this remedy. The ultimate goal should be to get charges filed on an innocent person dismissed.

Call an Oklahoma Criminal Defense Attorney

If you or a loved one are wrongfully accused of a crime, you are in a very threatening situation that requires a serious approach. Don’t think that your innocence will easily surface, and you’ll be set free from charges shortly. That doesn’t happen to people who don’t know how to handle criminal defense.

The Greer Law Firm has helped and will continue to help people like you get their charges dropped. Call us now at 844-930-1212 to learn your options. The first consultation is free of charge.

About Our Services

Greer Law Firm has represented individuals charged with a range of criminal offenses, including child abuse and neglect, murder and homicide, drug charges, sex crimes, DUI and alcohol crimes, domestic violence, theft crimes and juvenile offenses. Our firm is committed to providing an aggressive, strategic defense that is uniquely tailored for each client. Our passion for what we do is why our firm has earned a reputation for excellence throughout the State of Oklahoma.


Disclaimer: Chad A. Greer, and Greer Law Firm only provide legal advice after having entered into an attorney client relationship, which this article specifically does not create. Only after having entered into a representation agreement with Greer Law Firm will an attorney-client relationship have been created. It is imperative that any action taken by you should be done on advice of legal counsel.